Did you know that by improving your ability to focus and concentrate you’ll get more out of the time you spend studying and revising?
Would you like to know how to do it?
Everything you need to know is right here!
13 key steps to improving your ability to focus and concentrate
1. KEEP YOUR STUDY SPACE TIDY:
create the right atmosphere for study with a clear and organized desk.
2. ORGANIZE YOUR MATERIAL:
check that you’ve got all the right notes on the course content and that there’s nothing missing.
3. IDENTIFY INTERNAL DISTRACTIONS:
put aside those thoughts, worries and conflicts which stop you concentrating.
4. IDENTIFY EXTERNAL DISTRACTIONS:
remove yourself from the never-ending flow of information, put social networks to one side and avoid looking at your phone during a study session.
5. TAKE AN ACTIVE APPROACH TO STUDYING:
adopt a positive attitude, activate your mind and show determination to get your studying done.
6. SET YOURSELF CLEAR OBJECTIVES:
draw up a list of priorities and determine which tasks are urgent and important.
7. CREATE A WEEKLY TIMETABLE:
include your online class, study sessions, and time for rest and leisure.
8. PLAN YOUR STUDY SESSION:
what do you have to do today? Focus your attention on one task at a time and study in small doses.
9. RECORD YOUR PROGRESS:
use a template and make a record of what you’ve already done – it’ll motivate you to keep going.
10. DO EXERCISE AT HOME AND EAT HEALTHILY:
regular exercise and a balanced diet will enhance your ability to concentrate and focus.
11. CONTROL ANY ANXIETY:
use relaxation, breathing or meditation techniques.
12.GET SOME REST:
a good rest is important for optimal performance.
13. JUST DO IT:
why not start now?
What you can achieve:
- Improve your academic performance
- Have greater self-confidence
- Improve your ability to complete tasks efficiently
- Retain information better