Are you interested in doing a training in an embassy or another diplomatic mission? Now is your time to shine. The application period for the annual MAEC Training Programme for training placements in summer 2017 lasts until the 24th of February, 2017, so if you are ambitious about working in a Spanish representation abroad you must act now!
The Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation (MAEC) offers unpaid internship placements in Spanish embassies and consulates all over the world to students enrolled in Spanish universities. Participation in the programme is a unique opportunity for any student to gain valuable work experience, and the students chosen for the placements will be working in a wide variety of fields in destinations all over the world.
Many students of University CEU Cardenal Herrera have already participated in the programme and have enjoyed the truly unique experience working in Spanish representations abroad.
- A student of Political Sciences, Patricia did her training placement at the Spanish Embassy in Dublin: “I could not be happier with this experience!”
- Business Administration student Vicente who worked at the Spanish Embassy in Paris within the framework of MAEC calls his internship an unforgettable experience.
Have we piqued your curiosity? To find more information, the application form, and a list of the placements available for summer 2017 go to the Relaciones Internacionales section on the University’s Spanish web page. Once there, follow the link Estudiantes and then further Prácticas no Erasmus. Scroll down to the section titled Becas MAEC to find the files mentioned above.
To apply for the programme you will need:
- A CV in Spanish
- A copy of your academic record (can be found in your Intranet)
- Language proficiency certificates of the required skill level if the placement so asks
- A copy of registration form
- A filled application form with a photo. In each form state the complete name of the representation you are applying to as there are destinations with more than one placement offered. Be sure to state all the necessary information in the form.
Send all the required documents in pdf-format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or come visit us at our Mobility Office (ground floor – Luis Campos Górriz building, next to Banco Santander).
You can apply up to 6 destinations by filling a form for each placement. Note that each destination has their own conditions, so make sure that you meet all the requirements of the placements you are applying for! You can find the requirements of each destination on the list of all offers.
The programme is open to students who are currently enrolled at CEU UCH and who have not yet graduated at the beginning of the internship period which lasts from the 1st of July to the 30th of September, 2017.