On February 19 and 20, our university welcomed more than 170 candidate students and their families who came from different countries in the framework of our International Family Open Day 2015. Coming from France, Sweden and the United Kingdom (among others), these candidates were given information on our academic offer and the steps to ensure a successful application!
A new destination to study abroad. University CEU Cardenal Herrera: the International University of Spain.
Coming to an open day is the best way to find out more about studying at CEU-UCH, giving the candidates the perfect opportunity to hear first-hand from our current students and teaching staff about living and studying in Valencia. Our team made sure that all the information given was of interest, adapted to our candidates’ needs and that their stay was as pleasant as possible, including:
1. College accommodation in the best university residences in the region: Colegio Mayor Ausiàs March and Colegio Mayor Galileo Galilei, who offered a free door-to-door shuttle and a wide range of other services to their CEU-UCH guests.
2. Menus for students with special needs in our cantines
3. Informative brochures on different accommodation options for their student years:
4. A Welcome Pack including a USB flash drive with complete information on our university’s international services, degrees, infographics and a student guide.
5. A comprehensive program of activities, lectures and visits to the campuses in Alfara del Patriarca and Moncada. Our candidates were offered a series of talks that touched on the different areas of study, allowing them to find out all the exciting opportunities the degrees have to offer them, as well as a talk on the Admission Process which gave them useful tips on how to approach their personal statement.
6. Special visits for our candidates of Veterinary and Médecine Vétérinaire, who had the opportunity to discover our Vet Clinic, Research Farm and enjoy a unique zoo-immersion experience at Bioparc Valencia and the Oceanogràfic.
We are sure that our guests even found time in their busy Open Day schedule to explore all that the city centre of Valencia has to offer, but there was just too much to do and see at our Open Days!
Future students even had the chance to take part in a photo contest and win exciting prizes, just by sharing on Instagram their photos and using the hashtag #OpenDayUCH. French candidates of Médecine Vétérinaire Jason and Camille and future student of Physiotherapy Léa were the lucky winners!
And for those who could not attend our International Family Open Day, the university has scheduled explanatory webinars about its international academic offer, exclusively oriented to the international community. Get more information on our International Family Open Day and the wide range of free informative webinars presented by CEU-UCH.
The bilingual degrees offered by CEU Cardenal Herrera University include Dentistry (Grado en Odontología), Médecine Vétérinaire and Veterinary (Grado en Veterinaria in both French and English), Architecture (Grado en Arquitectura) and Medicine (Grado en Medicina). There is a large number of international students who participate in Spanish-taught degrees such as Physiotherapy, with a lot of demand among French-speaking students.
For next year, our university will offer new international degrees like Nursing (Grado en Enfermería), Pharmacy (Grado en Farmacia), Energy Engineering (Grado en Ingeniería de la Energía), Gastronomy and Culinary Management (Grado en Gastronomía y Management Culinario) and Digital Communication (Grado en Comunicación Digital).