Easy guide to CEU Cardenal Herrera University Hospitality Package


Every year we are happy to welcome a big number of international students, who have chosen CEU Cardenal Herrera University for their education. We want our university to be your home away from home. We are here to help you meet the challenge of stepping outside your boundaries and help you discover your new community.

Our International Relations Office staff is dedicated to supporting you upon your arrival and ensuring your success at our university. We look forward to meeting you!





When an international student decides to come to CEU Cardenal Herrera University and successfully follows all the steps of the admission process, he/she is asked to pay a deposit and the so-called International Fee. With this, the student has then access to a wide range of services under the Hospitality Package, which are itemized hereunder:



Our Hospitality staff can help you find a shared apartment or a studio so you don’t have to worry about anything! We work with Hello FlatMate and Pisos Moncada, our Real Estate partners, who will gladly send you photos of the different available options or will show you flats when you arrive in Valencia. If you prefer a university residence, we recommend you two of the most popular residences among international students, Ausiàs March and Galileo Galilei, where you can live with all the comfort imaginable, including a free door-to-door daily shuttle to our university!

Of course, you are free to choose any other option for accommodation, according to what best suits your needs or budget.


Opening a bank account:

There is a Banco Santander office on campus (Luis Campos Górriz Building – Alfara del Patriarca), which is really convenient for our students (it opens in the evening until 18h30, which is quite rare here in Spain!) . We will help you open an account which will give you access to your money 24/7 and get your student and debit cards once you are officially enrolled in our university. All operations with Banco Santander are free of charge, except for 3€ corresponding to your first money transfer and a 7€ government tax for non-residents. Once you obtain your NIE (Foreigners Identification Number) and you notify it to the bank, you won’t have to pay this tax again! For clients over 30 years old, the account maintenance is 18€/semester.

Opening hours are Monday to Friday, from 09h30 to 14h00 and from 16h00 to 18h30. There is also an ATM on campus.


Getting a phone:

Having a Spanish number is essential for your daily life in our country. Upon arrival, you will receive a SIM card but you have to make sure to bring with you an unlocked phone and your passport!

During the Welcome Week we will inform you on the conditions of the different available fares, so you can choose whether to stay with our provider or change to another company.


Matriculation documentation:

You don’t have to worry about managing all the international academic documents. The university will manage all of the international documentation and take on the payments of the corresponding fees (fees to obtain the credential in UNED). Please check your inbox and see what documentation the university needs, because forms can vary depending on the country (EU, non-EU).

It is highly important that you send us certified stamped copies of your academic documentation via postal mail. Scanned copies are not valid.


Get picked up on arrival and provided with accommodation:

We will come to collect you at the airport or station, and take you to a hotel where your first night will be pre-paid. You will need to inform the International Relations Office of your arrival time, flight number etc. with a week in advance.


ID documentation:

We will also handle all the documents needed in order for you to obtain the NIE (Foreigners Identification Number). It is very important to legalize your residence in Spain, even if you are a EU citizen, to access the public health system, getting a credit card, etc.


Language classes:

During the academic year, you will have access to a Spanish course to ensure that you acquire the needed skills to follow your classes.

Our university is recognized as a DELE examination centre by the Instituto Cervantes (Certificate in Spanish as a foreign language), so we highly recommend you take your lessons seriously and take the test at the end of your stay with us so you can get the official certificate!


Getting around:

You will be given a Móbilis travelcard to get around on the bus and metro during your first few weeks in our city.

billete_tsc_snpm_negroThe metro network in Valencia is divided into zones, and our university is located in zone AB. If you use a travelcard, it must be valid for every zone you travel through. You can charge your travel card in any metro station, and there are weekly and monthly fares…choose the most convenient for you!

Arriving at CEU Cardenal Herrera University couldn’t be any easier with public transport! You just have to take metro line 1 (yellow line), in direction Bétera or Seminari CEU (pay attention to this detail because line 1 has different branches and not all of them will take you in the right direction). Two stops will leave you near the university: Moncada-Alfara will only be convenient for those studying at the ESET (Technical School of Design, Architecture and Engineering) or going to the Vet Clinic, while Seminari CEU will be the best option for the rest of the students.

The main stops for connection between the rest of Metro lines are Àngel Guimerá (lines 1, 3 and 5) and Empalme (lines 1 and 4).


You can download a map of the network here and look up the schedule and fares here.

If you don’t know how to get to your Faculty, follow the following link.


Optional medical insurance:

CEU Cardenal Herrera University can help you arrange a medical insurance with the company SALUD ADESLAS. The cost of this 12-month insurance is of 400€.

EU citizens are covered by the Public Health System, please consult your Social Security rights before moving out of your home country. In this link you will find very useful information on EU Social Security Coordination.

For non-European students it is compulsory to have a private insurance, whether is the one offered by the university or another one of your choice!

All these services are offered to the students after payment of the International Fee (600€), except for the optional health insurance (400€).





Are you a first-year international student starting your degree at our campus in Valencia in September 2015? Contact our Hospitality staff and inform them on your arrival date in Valencia as soon as possible (at least with one week in advance); this is the only way we can make sure you get the best possible assistance!

All the information, calendars and activities are subject to change. We will keep you up-to-date via Facebook, TwitterInstagram and Pinterest!


  1. Hi!

    I am thinking about to study with you, but my question is: How much do they rent the different rooms for the university residence? Is there a bathroom in the rooms or is it shareable?

    • Hello Tabarak and thank you for your message. We must warn you that ur University does not have a dorm but we do help our international students find accommodation through our different partners. There are various options, from shared or individual apartments to University residences, and all the information is provided by our International Student Services. Successful candidates get all the information via their future student intranet or the Hospitality app.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Resolver: * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.